Nov 27, 2014

I Am Thankful For...

 

Happy Thanksgiving!!! (To all of those celebrating today!)

I hope that you're all stuffed with lots of food and possibly, slightly regretting eating as much as you did today, like I am. I also hope that your day was filled with nothing but happiness! 

I decided I wanted to share with you all, some of the things I am thankful for today.

I am thankful for...

-I am thankful for emotions. That I am experiencing new things everyday and that I am capable of feeling. That I can express these feelings and know what it's like to be in my lowest low because without that, there would be no highest high. 

-I am thankful that I am so empathetic toward the people around me because it helps me to remember that I am not the only person who has troubles and happinesses. And to share these feelings with the people around me because things like this bring us closer. 

-I am thankful for all of the blessings in disguise that I have come across in life as they have showed me that changes happen and that what I want is not always what I need.

-I am thankful for all the mistakes I have made and that no matter how much I sometimes wish I could go back and fix them, I can't. Because if I hadn't made them, I wouldn't be who I am today. 

-I am thankful for being aware that there are things I cannot change as these things are constantly teaching me acceptance.

-I am thankful that I believe so strongly that all things happen for a reason because it not only softens the blow of some of my experiences but helps me to find the light in all things.

-I am thankful that I have experienced failure, as that is such an important part in growing and learning. 

-I am thankful that moving on is part of life. That not only is it a scary thing, but exciting as well, due to the simple fact that life is so extremely unpredictable.

-I am thankful for the struggles I have met in life as they have all taught me very important lessons.

-I am thankful that I believe in so many things so strongly, but am still always open to learning new things and gaining new beliefs even if that means changing old ones.

-I am thankful that I have the ability to respect other peoples beliefs. 

-I am thankful that I am constantly trying so hard to become a better person. To not judge anyone or anything. To smile at everyone I see even when they don't smile back. To help build everyone up even if they aren't necessarily building me up at that moment because they may need it more. To let the people I love, know that I love them and show them just how much. To find all the beauty in everything because it is everywhere. To shake off every anger and sadness I have because they will never be worth holding on to. Because just trying to always do these things makes me a better person.

-I am thankful that I live in a place where I can freely speak about how I feel toward anything. Where I can express my likes and dislikes. Where I am free to believe in anything that I want. 

-I am thankful that I have a home to live in and clothes to wear every day.

-I am thankful that I have a mother who loves me and works her butt of every day so that I continue to have a home and clothes. 

-I am thankful for my grandparents and all that they do for me and my family. And for all the love they give us. 

-I am thankful that I have a brother to fight with then a laughing fit with five minutes later.

-I am thankful for my two cousins who have recently become my best friends. Who have helped me through these confusing and emotional times. Who have shown that they will completely support me through anything that I go through.

-I am thankful for my best friends who know how much of a pain in the ass I am and still love me and smile, laugh and cry with me. Who help build me up and try to understand me and even when they can't, they still don't judge me. 

-I am thankful that I have gone through hard times and good times and have always come out more wise. That I will constantly be trying to understand the world around me and take everything in as it comes. Even when it's too much for me to handle.

-I am thankful for all the little things that make me happy. For cloudy days with warm wind. For pumpkin spice lattes. For the feeling I get around Christmas time. For candy cane hot chocolates. For summer days. For smiles. For delicious cups of tea. For extremely fuzzy blankets. For air conditioning when the heat is too much for me. For laughing. For music. For books, for books, for books and more books!!!! For days when I don't have to do anything. For days when I have so much to do and accomplish everything I need to do. For dance and the people its brought into my life. For fall. For snow. For flowers. For cats. For babies because they are so stinking adorable. For the times when I don't feel the need to be responsible or mature and can be carefree for a little while.

-I am thankful for the ability to hear. For the ability to read books. For colors and the ability to see them.

-I am thankful that I am able to experience all of these things and have all of these feelings because I am living. 


I hope you enjoyed reading this. And maybe even realized some things that you are thankful for that you didn't realize before. 

Happy Thanksgiving! And don't be afraid to share with me some of the things you are thankful for in the comments!

With Lots and Lots of Love,
Marissa! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment