Jun 3, 2014

Recap Back to NYC!

Hello!

              If you can't tell, I have been a bit distracted and busy lately and I never got to tell you about my trip to New York City. Now that I have a little bit of free time (Sadly, just for today as this week I have rehearsals for my dance recital on Sunday and have a performance for theater next week, followed by competition that weekend and exams starting the week after! Yikes!!) I decided to fill you in!

                 Let me start by telling you, expectation kills experience. This is something that my theater teacher has told my class many, many times since we first entered his class (and has resided to leaving it on the board for the remainder of the year). And it is very true! If you don't know how much everyone loves NYC and talks about how amazing it is, then where have you been!? Anyway, due to all of this hype, I expected my experience in NYC to be some sort of life changing event where seeing the lights of times square would make me feel brand new. (Yep, I'm quoting songs regularly now). But I didn't feel this way at all. I'm not quite sure if it was my expectations killing my experiences, or if it was the fact that I was with my teachers and people who I actually grew closer to on the trip, but weren't my dearest friends whom I would like to share my life changing experiences with. 

             We planned to do many more things, including Ellis Island, Madame Tussauds, and The Museum of Modern Art. But I guess bad time-management was the result of not seeing these things! (Possibly the lack of activities was a factor in my experience not living to expectation). 

          Neverless, NYC was still fun! We took a dance class at a well known studio called STEPS, seen the Tony Award-winning musical Pippin on Broadway (which our own school had put on stage, about a week before our trip, as this years musical) and did lots of shopping in times square and chinatown! 


                Although, one thing I am slightly upset about is I didn't seem to take many pictures, and I seem to have deleted the ones from my camera, therefor the few I have left are from my phone. My apologies! 


 (Macy's and The Empire State Building.) 


(I love the painting on this building in Little Italy.) 




                    Well, I hope you liked my few sad pictures from NYC! I will be going again with my dance studio in November, which should be better than this time considering I will be with some of my best friends and people I have grown up with. We are like a family at my dance studio, so I believe that I will enjoy it much more! (And I will remember to take more pictures!)

                 If you have ever gone to NYC, how was your experience? If you haven't, what would you be most excited to see if you went?

With Lots and Lots of Love,
Marissa! <3



             P.S. Please don't think that NYC is some boring horrible place because of what I said, it is actually amazing! And everyones experiences are different, this was just mine, yours can be the total opposite! Your experience is what you make of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment