Dec 10, 2014

Listen To Understand | Wednesday Words #4


I hope your week is going wonderfully!!

This week's Wednesday Words quote is, "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply."

I think that realizing this is important. Listening with the intent to reply rather than understand, is obviously not the worst thing in the world that someone can do, because so many people don't realize when they, or even others are doing this. But if you start to pay attention, you will see that you, and so many others around you tend to do this.

So many people want to be able to get their opinions or their advice in when conversing with others instead of really trying to understand what the people around them are saying or what they actually need to hear.

I will randomly think of this quote and try to remind myself that I don't always need to tell the people around me what I'm thinking. I don't always have to put my two cents in. In some cases, it is way better for me to keep quite and learn things about the person I am talking to.

If you listen to understand rather than to reply, you will do just that. You will understand. You will gain so much understanding of the things and people around you, and it will lead you to becoming a less judgmental person. Rather than seeing people and automatically making judgments and assumptions, you will want to understand them.

I hope you enjoyed this weeks Wednesday Words and that maybe you will start to listen to understand.

Also! There will be a post about my NYC trip this past weekend, probably before the end of the week!

With Lots and Lots of Love,
Marissa! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment