Aug 2, 2016

It's Been A While...

Hello!

As you can tell, if you take a very very quick little scroll down my blog, my last post was a "Goodbye 2015" post and we are now heading into the eighth month of 2016. I know what you're thinking- Great job Mari, you've really kept up with things quite well, haven't you? 

Okay, so maybe not exactly that...

I wish I could say that I tried, but we all know that I'd be lying. Over the past eight months I have let the hectic tendencies of a nineteen-year-old-girl's everyday life get in the way of my tendencies to do the little things that I love. Little things like writing. 

I cannot express how much I have missed writing, in fact I think about it everyday. But one of the other things I have been missing, or rather--lacking, is my confidence. It seems to be something I left behind in 2016. If you haven't already guessed (considering, here I am, finally writing again) I have actually been working on regaining my confidence in not just my writing but, in all aspects of my life, as it is definitely something that I think every living person is entitled to and should be encouraged to have. I've learned confidence is quite an important quality to have, for your own mental health.

Throughout the course of this year so far, I have gone new places, met new people and learned new things. I know, a lot of new! 

I went to Virginia Beach for the first time ever and it was so much fun! I absolutely love sea water and don't live anywhere close to a sea shore, so when I go somewhere that I can easily access the ocean, I am absolutely thrilled to jump right in. Literally. Is it just me, or is the sea actually warmer than lakes and pools? Because it can take me hours to get into one of those, but when it comes to the ocean... It takes about a minute and I'm under! 

While I was there I met so many new friends and connected with them immediately. Even though I was only there for four days, I really bonded with them and I'm missing them like crazy! 

I have been and still am continuously learning about my anxiety and how it works. While discovering new things about myself everyday.

I have also done things that aren't so new, but more like traditions. 

This year made my fourth year in a row going camping with one of my best friends and her family! 

I have things planned for the near future and am looking forward to writing about them and sharing them with all who want to read! How has everyone else's 2016 been going? We can think of this as a Just-Past-Half-Way-Through-The-Year Share Post. Tell me about your year so far, and what you have planned for the rest of it!

Lots of Love,
Mari!

(A photo from my camping trip that's on my instagram)

No comments:

Post a Comment