Jan 30, 2015

Harry Potter!!

Hello lovelies!!

I hope you have enjoyed this first month of 2015 and that it was a wonderful way for you to kick off the new year!

So today I am going to talk about something near and dear to my heart. But first, I want to say that I am aware of how extremely late I am on this bandwagon! I deeply regret my negligence of Harry Potter in the past, but I am proud to say that I am finally finding out for myself what all the hullabaloo is about.

When I was younger, my father and brother would sometimes watch the Harry Potter movies and I would absolutely hate it. Even as I got older, I never liked them.

By the time I was a Freshmen in high school I had attempted to read the books twice, but they didn't interest me. Then finally, in either October or November of 2014, I was sitting in my friends house while she was doing homework. I looked over at her collection of books and knowing she had all seven Harry Potter books, I decided I would start reading the first one.

I was hooked in seconds.

I guess every other attempt at reading these books didn't work because it wasn't my time yet. Maybe I just wasn't ready for all the literary magic that these books held (see what I did there? hehe!). 

After that day, I kept borrowing the books from her until I got my own set for Christmas (Yay!!). I am now almost done with "Goblet Of Fire", the fourth book for those who don't know. I can't wait to finish reading them all but at the same time I don't want them to be done! I'm also very excited to finish so that I can watch all of the movies! I got those for Christmas also but I want to wait until I'm finished reading the series to watch them.

Tell me, how do you like the Harry Potter series? Are you a die hard fan, like many people I know? Do you hate them? Or are you just kinda in between?

Hopefully I'm not the only one who made the mistake of waiting so long to embrace the wonderful world of Harry Potter!

With Lots and Lots of Love,
Mari!



No comments:

Post a Comment